Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Welcome, allow me to introduce myself!

Hello, I'm Professor Hex and this will be a blog about Hex: Shards of Fate the MMOTCG.

What I hope this blog will be is one of the best places to go for Hex news, strategy, deck lists, and game play. I know I can compete at the highest level, but this whole blogging thing is new to me. I also plan to stream on Twitch once we hit alpha. I intend to learn the ropes and produce top quality content for you guys.


A bit about me
 
     I am a college student who has played TCG's his whole life. It all started with yugioh in middle school and then branched out into many others. I played Magic: The Gathering for a short time in high school but didn't have a play group to keep it going. However, when I got to college a large group of friends and I got back into it. Over the last three years I grew from a casual hobbyist into a competitive player. My absolute favorite formats are draft and sealed. It is my opinion that the limited formats take a special set of skills, different from those needed for the constructed formats. Plus, the level of fairness associated with building from a randomized pool makes it more enjoyable. Nobody likes to play against a turn four Jace, The Mind Sculptor every game because they have a larger wallet than you.

      Fast forward to the Kickstarter for Hex which made me decide to quit serious magic play (I still play a good bit of commander and pauper) and sell what I had to fund a pledge. I pledged the $250 Collector Tier, nothing compared to what some other enthusiasts have spent, but as a college student... well, you know. Hex seems like it was the game made just for me. I played MMO's for years, the longest was of course World of Warcraft, where I was a top tier raider throughout. Like I said before I have always played a TCG, and always will. So the fusion of my two loves created Hex: Shards of Fate. I am so excited to be playing alpha very soon.

      As a college student, travel to a grand prix or pro tour qualifier just wasn't possible, but since Hex is designed for a digital space I expect to compete at the highest level, that's my goal in all of this.


What to expect


  • Gameplay videos
  • Strategy articles
  • Card breakdowns
  • Unique deck lists
  • Hex News
  • ... and with a bit of luck, a front row seat to my journey to the top (lest my hubris causes the TCG gods to strike me down).
None of this matters if you don't like it, so my expectation is input from you guys, the awesome Hex community. Please, if you want to know what I think about a card or some other aspect of the game feel free to ask in the comments.






No comments:

Post a Comment